Sisters Place has two kinds of subsidized housing.  Permanent housing is open to families with children where the parents have physical or mental disabilities and/or drug and alcohol addiction . Transitional housing offers a solution for young parents between the ages of 18 and 35. Families may live in rent-assisted housing for up to two years.  All housing applicants must have custody of at least one child, or be seven months pregnant upon entry into the programs.

Because our mission is to help homeless families, applicants must get a referral from a social service agency to be considered for admission. After three months of “clean time,” those with addiction issues qualify for our programs. Most of our families stay two or three years; some with more complex situations stay longer. Those seeking to enter our housing programs agree to participate fully in programming for themselves and for their children. To be successful, parents must set important goals and work to attain them.

Transitional Housing Program

Parents and their children can live in rent-assisted housing for up to two years. Priority is given to families with parents between 18 and 35 years old. Applicants must have custody of at least one child or be seven months pregnant upon entry into the program. Residents must be working or attending school to remain in the program.  Eligible families may participate in the Transitional Program for a maximum of 1 – 2 years.

Permanent Housing Program

This program provides housing to families that have a parent(s) with physical or behavioral health disabilities, where they can enjoy the anonymity that comes with living in a larger development. Participants may remain in Sisters Place permanent housing indefinitely as long as they follow participant guidelines.

Eligibility Requirements

Members of both the permanent and transitional programs must maintain eligibility requirements, including

  • Meeting with a Case Manager regularly to set and check progress toward goals
  • Working with a Child Development and Education Specialist
  • Paying a monthly program fee based on a percentage of their adjusted gross income